Located 60 km southwest of Hue, Vietnam, A Luoi is a scenic mountainous district nestled between the A Shau Valley and the Laotian border. For many years, this off-the-beaten-track destination has been renowned for its cultural richness with different hill tribe minorities, lush mountain ranges, rice fields, and breathtaking panoramic views.
Perched in the hills 7 km away from the main town, Vel (village) A Hua is home to 280 Ta-oi and Pa-Co people, two Mon-Khmer ethnic groups based mainly in mountainous areas of Vietnam’s central provinces. Join us in this journey to discover the marvelous beauty of nature and experience the
authentic simple life and rich cultural traditions of A Hua.
The itinerary will be as follow:
11.00 a.m: Arrive at A Hua Village and receive a warm welcome from the locals. Get some rest and drop off your luggage.
12.00 p.m: Lunch at A Hua cooked with fresh and local ingredients
2.30 p.m: Learn more about the village through a walking tour
– Get to know traditional Rong House, an important element in spiritual life of Ta Oi people
– Visit Zeng weaving and rattan weaving artisans
5.30 p.m: Watch the beautiful mountain sunset in the precious moment of quietness. Enjoy Ta Oi dinner.
8.00 p.m: Campfire time (and art performance: add-on service)
What could possibly be better than gathering around the bonfire upon the hill? If you’re lucky enough, look up the sky to be wowed by the bright Milky Way you could never see in the city. Spend the night on our tented platform to know how it feels to be surrounded by the nature.
8.00 a.m: Have breakfast.
9.00 a.m: Challenge yourself with either an easy hike through the surrounding rice fields or a little-bit-harder-than-usual trekking in the primary forest managed by the A Hua villagers.
Put on your hiking shoes and prepare your backpack with sunscreen, water and whatever you might need for a 2.5 hour trek. You can choose to have takeaway lunch in the forest or enjoy lunch back at the village
2.00 p.m: Ride a bike in neighboring areas to see how the life of the locals. Capture the beauty of this land and its people and bring it back with you in your heart.
3.30 p.m: Say goodbye to the villagers and travel back
- One-night stay in a covered tented platform under the starry sky of A Hua
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinner as in itinerary
- Local community guide
- English speaking facilitator
- A walking tour to get introduced to the village
- Mountain field trekking or jungle trekking tour
- Drinking water
- Roundtrip transportation from Hue
- Starting time: 11 a.m at A Hua village. If you wish to take our car service, pick-up will be arranged depending on your location.
- Meeting point: A Luoi town, A Luoi district, Hue (a pinpoint of exact location will be sent with our confirmation email).
- Please provide us with your passport details so that we can register your stay with local authority. Instruction will be sent after your booking is confirmed.
What to bring:
+ Clothing: depending on the season, light clothing for daytime activities and warm clothes for night camping
+ Personal hygiene kits, sunscreen, towel, mosquito repellent
+ We encourage our guests to bring reusable bottles to fill drinking water (provided) during their stay in the village
We also offer special prices for larger groups:
+ Discount 25% for groups of 3.
+ Discount 35% for groups of 4.
+ Discount 40% for groups of 5 and more.