ENJOY OUR SPECIAL PROMOTION FROM TODAY UNTIL THE END OF JUNE!!!
Have you ever wondered how the Vietnamese fought the war against a much stronger force – the U.S army? Are you ready to go back in time to witness what living in between two lines feels like? How has life changed for war survivors since? Come with us to Thach Tan Village and see the war from the tunnels below the ground. But that’s not all! Thach Tan Village is also well known for its sedge weaving handicraft products. The neighboring village located at the Dam River offered shelter in the high thatch grasses during the war and now offers local fisherman the ideal place to catch their daily food and harvest water lilies and lotus flowers.
The itinerary will be as follow:
7.30 a.m. Pick up at your hotel in Hoi An or Da Nang
9.00 a.m. Let’s start at the Village Hall of Thach Tan where the tunnels begun. Follow Mr. Ta, one of the witnesses during the war time to discover the tunnel networks. Besides, you will discover original relics & memorabilia donated by the villagers on display.
11.00 a.m. Meet Mr. Phien, one of the members in the Directive Board who supervised the construction of the tunnels. Enjoy lunch cooked in a traditional way while reminiscing about the old days with Mr. Phien.
1.00 p.m. Meet mat weaving artisans who try to keep this local wisdom alive. Learn different stages of making a mat, from sedge harvesting to weaving the final products.
2.00 p.m. Dam River was once a refuge place for Northern soldiers in regular raids from the South. Nowadays, it is the main source of living for residents on the banks and in the surrounding area.
Enjoy a boat ride and enjoy the spectacular view along Dam River. Learn how the locals make a living on this river.
3.00 p.m. Say goodbye.
- Breakfast, lunch, water & snacks during the trip
- Local community guide
- Boat fee and driver
- English speaking facilitator
- Community activity program fee
- A handicraft souvenir from the village
- Transportation to site and back
What to bring:
- Clothing: Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. You will get to crawl through some parts of the tunnel, wear your nicest clothes... not. Also, you will be joining a Vietnamese family for lunch and sitting on the ground, paints / shorts (proper length) would be more comfortable.
- Bring hat and umbrella in case of rain.
- We encourage our guests to bring reusable bottles to fill drinking water (provided) during the trip.
We also offer special prices for larger groups:
+ Discount 25% for groups of 3.
+ Discount 40% for groups of 4.
+ Discount 45% for groups of 5 and more.