Do paper is used for making the famous Dong Ho folk paintings. Aside from its traditional value, Do paper gained its popularity because of its durability, toughness, and delicate patterns unique to each surface.
Do paper production is still practiced in some Vietnamese villages and kept to the ancient techniques passed down through generations. However, the industrialization of paper-making posed a great threat to this traditional form of art. In order to preserve this practice, this project took the initiative to use Do in more modern products such as postcards, notebooks, and other decorative products.
In this activity, you will have chance to discover many interesting things behind this long-lasting paper craft and, you will learn about the beauty lying under rustic yet sophisticated woven fibers of Do paper.
The itinerary for the day:
8.00 a.m. Pick up at the Hotel
8.15 a.m. Departure from picking up point, arriving in paper making village in Suoi Co
9.30 a.m. Warm welcome from villagers.
Introduce Zó project and paper-making history.
Explain paper-making process and practice making paper with Artisans.
10.30 a.m. Make your own paper workshop then bring your work home.
12.30 p.m. Lunch break
2.00 p.m. Resting and walking around the village 3.00 p.m. Come back to Hanoi
- Pick-up/drop-off transportation
- Local lunch at the village
- Artisan’s guidance
- English translator
- All entrance fees
- All activities as listed in the itinerary
- Tools and materials used during the workshop
- A walking tour to get introduced to the village
- Drinking water and snack during trip
- Self made Do paper as souvenir
- VAT included
What to bring:
- Clothing: comfortable and light clothes and shoes
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, umbrella (in case of rain)
- We encourage our guests to bring reusable water bottles during their trip
- Leave your valuable jewelry / belongings home; only bring enough money for the day
We also offer special prices for larger groups:
For 3 pax: 90 USD
For 4 pax: 78 USD
For 5 to 7 pax: 50 USD
For 8 to 9 pax: 40 USD
For 10 to 20 pax: 36 USD