Stand-Up Paddle is a cardio activity suitable for both the young and old. You decide the intensity of your workout. You will be able enjoy this sport together with our in-house instructor who will be able to teach you the proper techniques of paddling.
- It's Easy: Select the board and paddle that suits you. Your instructor will give you an introduction to stand up paddling. Start enjoying after few minutes!
- It's Fun: Up on the board with the paddle in hand, gliding above clear waters, be awed by what you may see from your perch! Above the reef of Kata beach, you will be able to spot various fish and corals.
- It's Fitness: Excellent as a cardio workout, the stand-up paddle is an activity to help you define your silhouette focussing on back and shoulder muscles. In addition, you could pace yourself while paddling. This would improve your stamina, endurance and natural balance.
- It's Convivial: An activity you can choose to do alone or with your friends and family. You could even place a person in front on the light board. Good moments shared while having a good workout!
The stand Up Paddle can be done in open water, in the waves, lake or river.
* Transportation to location not included.
The story of the stand-up paddle:
The stand-up paddle surfing, also known as SUP, finds its name from its Hawaiian origin: Ku Hoe He’e Nalu which means to stand, to paddle, to surf a wave. This sport was created and first used by the “Beach Boys” while giving surfing lessons in Waikiki Beach, O’ahu (Hawaii). It was used in the early 60’s by surfing instructor to teach how to surf to tourists but also to take pictures of them and to have better eyesight of the stretch of water.
Then it disappears from the surfing scenery and reappears in the 2000s with famous surfers such as Laird Hamilton and his friend Dave Kalama that bring it back into fashion. They start to use the SUP when the sea didn’t offered them waves to keep training their surf. They also used it on waves to surf as it offers the ability to see approaching swells, because of the higher vantage point, and it is easier and quicker to catch waves. Now, this sport becomes more and more popular as it is more covered with different sports performed with such boards and famous persons using it.