There’s lots to do in Phuket! So why not hop onto a ferry and spend a day or two discovering the beautiful islands surrounding it. We have organised a travel programme that allows you to explore Koh Yao Noi and experience the local culture like never before. Here’s your trip in a nutshell:
1) Departure from Bang Rong Pier, Phuket (Pick the 11.00 am departure time and arrive by noon). Speedboat options are recommended for less travel time.
2) A small welcome ceremony awaits you and you’ll meet with your local host.
3) Explore the vast rubber plantations, coconut trees and pristine beaches.
4) Gain a deeper insight into how locals co-exist with nature in a respectable manner and rely on island’s natural resources to sustain their livelihood.
5) Find out more about the rich mangrove forests within this region and its ecosystem.
6) Enjoy a tasty home cooked dinner prepared by your host family (consisting of unique spices, freshly caught seafood , Thai-style roti prata and “cha-chuk” milk tea).
1) Start your morning bright and early with local fishermen for a trip out to sea! Watch how they catch seafood using traditional methods and bring in the day's catch.
2) Stop by a quiet beach for a picnic and a quick dip in the sea (the perfect opportunity to kick back and reflect on all you’ve learnt from your village experience).
3) If time permits, you’ll even get to spend some time at local fisheries, learning how the locals prepare and process seafood.
4) Departure to Manoh Pier at 4.30pm (right before the last ferry departs).
Rest assured, this trip will leave you with lasting memories of Koh Yao Noi’s unique island life. Feel free to exchange contacts and send in photographs and postcards of your trip here. Feedback on your stay will be greatly appreciated, so do let the wonderful staff who run the community tourism programme know all about your stay.
*Group Pricing: 1 pax: ฿22509 // 5-8 pax: ฿7211// 9-18 pax: ฿6558
*Transfer not included:
- Van for 10 pax: ฿3800
-Transfer Meeting Point: Phuket bus station or Phuket international airport
- Four meals and beverages
- Homestay accommodation with local host family (5 per room)
- Basic activities fees
- Local Guidebook
- Transportation within Koh Yao Noi Island
- Accidental insurance coverage
- Local community guide (English-speaking)
- Pick-up and drop-off between piers
- Pick-up and drop-off at Phuket bus terminal or airport to the pier (extra fee)
*These are suggested activities within the community. The guideline itinerary can be changed or switched due to weather, access, local events, guest's health conditions and time management. Substitute indoor activities will be provided if the main outdoor activities cannot be conducted.