Your journey will start at 8:00 a.m. at your hotel where our driver will come to pick you up.
This tour is one of the best and most interesting day treks you can do from Chiang Mai.
You won't spend too much time in the car to reach the spot and you will experience amazing views and landscapes.
One of the highlights of this tour is that you will meet the Hmong tribe. This tribe is originally from Southern China.
You will visit their villages and get to know their customs, their history, their traditions and their current way of life.
The opium cultivation has always played an essential part of their way of life.
We will drive to the Hmong village of Doi Pui with a stop at the Doi Suthep temple.
From there, you will start your beautiful 6-hour trek on a spectacular and preserved trail on the slopes of Doi Suthep to Ban Mae Sa Mai; the largest Hmong community in Northern Thailand.
You will pass by a natural water source and huge wild banana trees. During the trek you will enjoy the stunning views through the thick foliage.
The pace of the trek will be smooth. There will be enough time for making photographs and enjoying the natural environment.
Finally, you will visit the small Hmong museum before returning to Chiang Mai, where your driver will drop you around 5:00 p.m.
Highlights of your day:
-Meet your driver at your hotel around 8:00 a.m.
-Drive to Suthep Mountain.
-Visit of Wat Doi Suthep, one of the most famous temple of Chiang Mai
-Walk up the 300 steps up to the temple
-Visit Doi Pui Village, a Hmong community.
-Learn about their history
-Hike to the Ban Mae Sa Mai Hmong village
-Discover the fauna, and many stories from the past with your Hmong guide
-Stop to look at a footprint of Buddha
-Lunch at a scenic spot
-Learn about the FORRU project: The Forest Restoration Unit of Chiang Mai University.
-Visit of the Hmong museum
-Visit of the FORRU tree nursery.
*Please note that the price includes:
-Pick-up and Drop-off from your hotel in Chiang Mai
-English speaking guide
-Transportation by AC minibus
-Local Hmong guide
-Thai picnic lunch
-Tree and plant leaflet
-Information leaflet on Doi Pui-Doi Suthep National Park and on the Hmong tribe
-Donation of 5 USD per person to the FORRU project
**Please note that the price excludes:
-Other drinks except water
***We recommend you to bring along:
-Hiking shoes with good grip
****Please note the following information:
- For Group booking please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Price for 1 person = 7,500 THB
- Price for 2 persons = 4,100 THB / person (price quoted for this activity)
- Price for 3 persons = 3,000 THB / person
- Price for 4 persons = 2,500 THB / person
- Price for 5 persons = 2,100 THB / person
- Price for 6 persons = 1,800 THB / person
- Price for 7 persons = 1,700 THB / person
- Price for 8 persons = 1,600 THB / person
- Due to weather conditions and other conditions on the ground the tour might have to be adjusted, and the itinerary of the trekking could changed. If it is necessary to adjust the program, the quality of your experience and your personal safety will be safeguarded.