Listen for the shrieking cicadas and bubbling mountain streams. Up here in the treetops of the quiet Mae Takhrai park is the award winning Chiang Mai zipline canopy adventure.
When you join this tour for a day of zipling near Chiang Mai, you become part of a conservation experience. Thanks to your support it has been possible to re-introduce gibbons to this forest. This activity uniquely brings you into contact with rare wildlife. Among the towering trees of an old growth forest a family of primates marks their territory in song. They’ve got company. Listen again. Whoooo. A soft cry echoes across the ravine. That’s not a gibbon; it’s an exhilarated tourist trying to hold in the excitement about what surprise nature might present on the next station!
Some facts and figures of your activity:
-Real gibbon conservation, funded by you!
-7kms of ziplines, with Asia’s longest single ‘flight’ (800m)
-33 stations, some suspended up to 70m above the valley floor;
-Unparalleled safety, sky rangers in each group, trained to spot wildlife and everything unique to this forest preserve
-Visit an eco-mountain village and waterfall
Your journey will start at your hotel. Your driver will come to pick you up.
Before reaching the Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour site, you will take a ride of about 1h00 aboard an air-conditioned van.
Before starting, you will receive a safety briefing and will be personally outfitted in the proper gear by one of the highly trained Sky Rangers.
You will be led by experienced guides who ensure you are properly connected to the safety equipment at all times. It is the only jungle canopy adventure in Southeast Asia designed, built and overseen by international experts with more than 20 years of experience.
Don’t worry, most people do have fear of heights! The 1st and 2nd platforms are created to ease the fear in people's minds. Most people, even the people with a great fear of heights, feel comfortable a bit after they start. The course is about 70-80 meters at the highest. The views, the safety equipment and the professional guides all help assure a comfort level.
*Included in price
- Canopy adventure tour Zipline
- VIP Round trip transport in air-conditioned van (Within the city of Chiangmai) / (extra surcharge per person for pick up outside of Chiangmai city)
- Thai lunch or dinner set with water (vegetarian options are available)
- Water will be provided , but you are welcome to bring your own if you wish.
- Complimentary waterfall trekking
- Fitness levels vary by person, but although the zipline tour is very exciting it is not physically demanding. Short hikes, some climbing stairs.
- Program is suitable for children over 100 cm height; (Any age from approximately 5 and up can most probably participate). Children should go. Young children are often taken in tandem with a guide.
- Maximum weight is of 130 Kg. However, the ziplines and rigging systems are engineered to hold much more than this and greatly exceed international standards.
- Escort guides/parents who do not do the canopy adventure tour, but accompany the guests/customers in the mini van will be charged at 600 THB net per person. This price includes lunch and transfer.
- Lockers are provided free of charge. Sky Rangers have the final say on what items can be carried with each guest while on the course for safety reasons.
- Each guest is required to sign a waiver and release of liability prior to the Tour on location. Minors are required to have a parent or guardian sign the waiver and release.
-There is no need to bring a camera because a Picture system has been installed on the zipline course. You can also rent a GoPro HD video camera to capture the whole experience. Due to safety regulations, Sky Ranger Guides are not permitted to take photos using guest cameras.
- If it should look like rain during a flight, we still go for it and it can add to the fun. If needed, there is raingear for sale for a minimal charge.
***We recommend you to bring along:
- From mid November to the end of March, customers visiting the Chiang Mai location should bring a sweater or something warm to wear because the temperature is quite low in the morning, about 10-12 degrees celsius (50-55 degrees Fahrenheit).
- From April to October we recommend you bring a change of cloths and rain coat as it might be raining. Although we do sell ponchos, if you require one. (minimal charge)
- Flip flops and loose fitting shoes are not allowed. If you must wear them, we will strap them to your feet.
- Comfortable clothing is encouraged.
- Hats can be worn to and from the course but a helmet must be worn by every guest while on the course.
- Shorts or trousers
- Light Jacket
- Insect Repellent
Based on 1 reviews