Nestled on a hillside, 1300 metres above seal level and surrounded by lush forests lies the Mae Kampong settlement. The many streams that meander through the village provide the perfect spot for meditation and reflection. On top of that you'll get to experience the warm Northern Thai hospitality as well as get a better understanding of the customs and culture of this area. If you're a coffee or tea drinker, this village takes pride in the vast tea plantations they've successfully maintained throughout the generations. A definite treat for the senses, you'll get to see how tea trees co-exist among coffee plants and herbal remedies that all come from the natural forests.
- Trek through the pristine forest and nature trail built by the locals.
- Learn the start to end process of how coffee and tea is processed.
- Join the locals and make "Miang", a delicious local snack.
- Wake up early and join the locals in offering alms to monks.
- Kick back and relax at your comfortable homestay and get a traditional Thai massage.
- Watch a traditional "Lanna" dance performance. You may choose to join in and learn some moves of your own.
*Other Prices: 1 pax: ฿14651 // 5-8 pax: ฿4582 // 9-18 pax: ฿4706
*Transfer not included:
- Van for 10 pax: ฿5000
- Transfer Meeting Point: Chiang Mai's points of interest (bus or train station, airport, city center)
- Four meals and beverages
- Homestay accommodation with local host family (5 per room)
- Basic activities
- Local Guidebook by Local Alike
- Accidental insurance coverage
- Local guide (English-speaking)
*** Price excludes:
- "Lanna" Cultural Performance (USD$65 per show)
- Pick-up and drop-off from major Chiang Mai points of interest (refer to pricelist)
- Alcoholic beverages
-Re-doing certain activities
*These are suggested activities within the community. The guideline itinerary can be changed or switched due to weather, access, local events, guest's health conditions and time management. Substitute indoor activities will be provided if the main outdoor activities cannot be conducted.