Pick up at your hotel - Visit the splendid buildings of The Royal Grand Palace,such as the Coronation Throne Hall, Royal Reception Hall, Royal Funeral Hall, the Golden Chedi, and the Royal Pantheon.
In the present time, The Royal Family resides at Chitralada Palace while The Grand Palace is used for ceremonial purposes. The Palace was first built by King Rama I, but the main buildings within the compound were built for King Rama V, who was the first Thai King to travel to Europe.
The Chakri Maha Prasat Thorne Hall, built in 1877 by King Rama V as his Royal Residence, is the most highly recognized architectural landmark of the Nation.
The central Throne Hall, formerly used for the reception of foreign envoys, is flanked by reception areas decorated with galleries of portraiture. The central room on the second floor is used as a shrine for the reliquary ashes of Kings Chakri dynasty.
Borom Phiman Mansion was also constructed for King Rama VI who ascended to the throne after his father, he had it improved for use as his residence. The three succeeding Kings also resided here at one time or another. The Siwalai Gardens, where the office of The Royal Household Bureau is located, were used for receptions as well as a recreation area for the royal women and children.
Maha Monthien Prasat houses The Audience Hall of Amarin Winitchai where ceremonies of the Court usually take place in front of the throne surmounted by its canopy of nine tiers of white cloth.
After that explorer Thailand’s most sacred temple with the revered Emerald Buddha.The main building houses the statue of Emerald Buddha, inside the building it is marvelously decorated by mural painting of the Lord Buddha Life. Except for the Thai King, no other person is allowed to touch the statue. The King changes the rope of the statue three times a year, corresponding to the summer, rainy and cool seasons, this important ritual performed to usher good fortune to the country.
What is included:
- Admission fee to all attractions mentioned above .
- English speaking guide.
- Private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Water and cold towels for refreshment.
- Round trip transfer to your hotel (pick up at hotels located not in town e.g. Bangna Trad, Ratchadapisek ,Rama IX, Srinakarin Rd. will be charged extra 200 THB/ person).
- Tips not necessary but as gratitude for your Tour Guide/Driver. “It’s up to you!”
Price per person: 1950 THB/person ( min 2 persons)
Price per person: 1620 THB/person ( min 3/4 persons)
- Grand Palace and Temples are sacred places, please dress politely. No Shorts, no sleeveless shirts.
- Wear any comfortable walking shoes (easy to put on &off). Flip flops & sandals are allowed.
- Advisable to bring along hat, cap as the sun is quite strong.