Please note that the following tour is only available on Tuesdays.
The street was filled from end to end, with stalls and knick-knacks of every kind. Here a pair of ready-made clogs, there a steaming hot bun. Sticky cakes, exotic fruits, sweetmeats - it's food paradise always on the streets of Chinatown. Enjoy the fragrance of Chinese tea, ginseng and herbal eggs. If you're brave, we'll even help you find your way about a very slippery wet market. Check out paper cars, houses, 'handphones', and even lingerie - all part of an ancient Chinese funeral ritual. We'll also introduce to you the Yins and Yangs of Chinese traditional medicine. And finally, we might just show you where to get those ready-made clogs and that steaming hot bun!
Be guided by the experts of Singapore's rich heritage and colourful history. Highlights on this walk include Thien Hock Kheng temple, introduction to Eclectic Singapore Architecture, a Traditional Chinese Medicine store, Chinatown wet market and an ancestral worship shop.
- Explore Thien Hock Kheng, the oldest Hokkien-Chinese temple in Singapore.
- Let our guide show you the way through Chinatown Wet Market – and learn about herbs and spices commonly used in Chinese cooking – an unforgettable experience!
- Wind through Ann Siang Hill, one-time plantation and playground of the rich and influential.
- Venture into quaint Chinese trades stores, including one specialising in Traditional Chinese Remedies and another in Ancestral Worship supplies.
- Walk past beautifully conserved shophouses and trace the lives of early Chinese immigrants to discover the world's most multi-racial Chinatown.
*Meeting point: Telok Ayer MRT, Outside Exit A (Cross Street)
*Guests are advised to dress comfortably, preferably wearing a cap and comfy shoes, and bring along sunglasses, an umbrella or poncho, and a bottle of water.
Exclusion: Food and Beverages, Gratuity or Tip, Transportation.
Inclusion: Tour Guiding Services of Licensed Tour Guide
** No available tours on Singapore Public Holidays