Langtang valley trekking is the perfect option if you are looking for a short, relatively easy, teahouse trek. It is a great introduction to Himalayan trekking, with the added bonus of breathtaking mountain views right from day one. Situated just a day's drive North of Kathmandu, this excellent trek follows the narrow Langtang valley heading up towards the Langtang glacier and the Tibetan border.
Langtang Valley Trek Itinerary:
Day 01: Drive Kathmandu – Syaprubesi (1500m) by 4WD private vehicle
Day 02: Syabrubesi – Lama Hotel (2475m) 6 hours trek.
Day 03: Lama Hotel – Langtang (3450m) 6 hours trek.
Day 04: Langtang – Kyangin Gompa (3900m) 3 hours trek, hike to Kyanjin Ri (4773m) after lunch.
Day 05: Kyangin Gompa – Lama Hotel 6 hours trek.
Day 06: Lama Hotel – Syabrubesi 5 hours trek.
Day 07: Syabrubesi – Kathmandu by 4WD private vehicle.
Trip Cost Includes:
• Langtang National Park permit
• TIMS (Trekker's Information Management System) Card
• Private 4WD transportation.
• One Guide (experienced and registered)
• One Porter each two people.
• iInsurance, salary and all food and accommodation for guide and porter.
• Accommodation in tea houses
• 3 Meals a day: breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek.
• Equipment (sleeping bag and down jacket)
• All taxes and Company service charge
Trip Cost Excludes:
• Bar and beverage bills, tea, coffee, bottled water, desserts, personal expenses, personal clothes.
• Personal insurance for health and evacuation and tipping.
Please make sure to arrive Kathmandu at least one day before the trek starts.One day is the minimum time required to generate the Langtang trekking permit.