Daily departures on shared basis.
Physically NOT challenging, river excitement, free and easy!
- 0900hrs After breakfast, depart for the Coastal Fishing Village of Port Weld. 4 hours drive approx.
- 1300hrs On arrival SEAFOOD LUNCH at a river cafe followed by .... RIVER CRUISE!
> MANGROVE FOREST
The Mangrove supports abundant wildlife including water-birds, monkeys, monitor lizards and mangrove snakes. Its the breeding ground of crabs, shrimps, lobsters, prawns, fishes. Mangroves are a natural barrier against tsunami.
> EAGLE FEEDING
Brahminy Kites and the White bellied Sea Eagle can be seen scavenging or soaring down for floating fishes and food thrown into the river by the boatmen.
- 1600hrs Return to Jetty for check in to hotel. Free and easy.
- 1900hrs FIREFLIES RIVER TOUR Catch a boat to see synchronized blinking lights of fireflies (PTEROPTYX TENER) on berembang trees (SONNERATIA CASEOLARIS). The dazzling display, a love making ritual, resembles a Christmas tree. Silence to prevail. Dinner and good nite !
1000hrs After breakfast, visit CHARCOAL FACTORY for a guided tour. Domed kilns are used to bake the logs after the barks have been removed.
The barges come in with the logs when the tide is high right to the doorstep of the factory. Special baked sweet potatoes for tasting.
Move on to visit the unique UBUDIAH MOSQUE and the SULTAN'S OLD PALACE in Kuala Kangsar for a photo shoot. After lunch return transfer. FREE BATU CAVES TOUR the 272 steps climb leads into the temple of Hindu Deity Lord Subramaniam who is honored during the Hindu festival of Thaipusam in January or February every year. (Decent attire is mandatory for ladies to enter the temple proper). Arrive in Kuala Lumpur approx. 1700hrs. End of tour.
1 Person: USD 800
2 Persons and above each: USD 400
- Return transfers with complimentary pick up within Kuala Lumpur
- Free flow Mineral Water
- Chauffeur-Guide services on stand by
- All entrance fees and all meals
- Hotel 3 star twin sharing
Bring along: Cameras, binoculars, track shoes, insect repellents.