8.30am - Pick up from your hotel
9.30am - Meet raft guide and safety briefing
12.00pm - Finish ride and enjoy BBQ lunch by the river
1.00pm - Transfer to the start of the Mountain Biking
1.15pm - Ride Briefing and Bike Fitting
1.30pm - Mountain Bike Tour
4.30pm - Depart for Kota Kinabalu
5.30pm - Arrive Kota Kinabalu
A wet and wild day out for the energetic! This morning's rafting is a fun-filled ride down the picturesque Kiulu River through jungle-clad valleys and past villages and farms with enough white water to get you excited but not enough to scare you.
After the rafting you will enjoy a tasty barbeque lunch and change into your riding clothes before a 15-minute transfer to the start of the mountain biking.
After a short briefing and bike fitting, you we will head out for one of the most beautiful rides in rural Sabah. We cycle through small riverside villages which are home to the Dusun tribal people as well as jungle, plantations and the Dusun people’s farms. The hills are thankfully few, far apart and short on the main route but if you are feeling like stretching your legs a little our guides can take you off to explore some more adventurous trails with single-track and technical descents.
A support vehicle is nearby at all times should a problem occur.
- Good quality mountain Bike with disc brakes
- Water bottle
- BBQ Lunch
- Mountain bike and rafting guide
- First aid kit
What to bring:
- Swimwear, shorts and t-shirt for rafting
- Trainers or sandals for rafting (no flip flops)
- Shorts and trainers for cycling (no sandals)
- Sun cream
- Personal medicatio n
- Change of clothes for the return journey
- This cycling part of this tour is almost totally away from other tour destinations and it is unlikely that you will not see any other tourists
- The rafting is graded at a beginner’s level and the cycling is graded at a beginners to intermediate level
- We feel that anyone who can ride a bike will enjoy this ride
- Whilst cycling, if at any time you feel unwell, or need a rest there is a vehicle close by
- The bike guides are all trained in first aid and carry comprehensive first aid kits
- Water and isotonic drinks are provided during the cycling.