8.30am - Pick up from your hotel
9.30am - Meet bike guide and set up bikes before starting the ride
1.30pm - Finish ride and enjoy lunch by the river
3.00pm - Arrive at your hotel in Kota Kinabalu
The area around the market town of Tuaran is home to the Dusun tribe. They live spread out in the hills and coastal plains making use of the natural environment for sustenance. They spend their days farming rice, rubber, fruits and coconuts as well as hunting in the forests and fishing from the rivers. They are some of Asia’s most friendly and resourceful people.
Our day ride takes us through the heartland of the Dusun people. We cycle through small riverside villages, jungle plantations and onto the coastal plain where we will end the ride at the Linangkut Cultural Village for a traditional lunch. Forty percent of this ride is on dirt roads and which can be quite rough. For the rest of the ride, we travel on small village roads with very little traffic.
A support vehicle is nearby at all times should a problem occur.
• Good quality mountain Bike with disc brakes
• Water bottle
• A mountain biking guide
• First aid kit
What to bring:
• Shorts and trainers (no sandals)
• Sun cream
• Change of clothes for the return journey
- This tour is almost totally away from other tour destinations and it is unlikely that you will not see any other tourists
- If at any time you feel unwell or need a rest there is a vehicle close by
- Our guides are all trained in first aid and we carry comprehensive first aid kits
- Water and isotonic drinks are provided
Based on 1 reviews