Day 1: PAKSE – WAT PHOU – KHONG ISLAND
Meet upon arrival in Pakse, we proceed to drive about 1 ½ hours acrossing the Mekong river to Champasack,/
Continue by car about 15mn drive to visit Wat Phou, a site of ancient religious significance in one of the most spectacular regions of Laos. Lunch is free on own at local restaurant in Champasack.
2 hrs drive to get to Khong Island, the 4.000 Islands, where the Mekong reaches up to 14km wide during the rainy season. Don Khong is the largest of the Mekong Islands at 16 km long and 8 km wide and its capital is Muang Khong, a small former French settlement.
Day 2: KONG ISLAND - PAKSE
Early breakfast, we take another boat ride for 1 hour from Khong Island downstream to Done Khon, another large island covered in coconut palms.
En-route, it is very picturesque of beautiful small green islands and also people doing fishing with fish nets and traps.
We stroll to explore the peaceful island and to visit old railway with old locomotive and boiler car, which the French ever built in Laos.
After lunch at local restaurant, we take a boat ride to the main land for continuing to drive to Khonephapheng, the most impressive Mekong waterfall in Laos and it is reputed as the biggest waterfall in Southeast Asia.
Day 3: PAKSE – DEPARTURE
Breakfast at hotel and depart to Pakse.
• Private air-conditioned transport + boat.
• Transfers & tours with English speaking guide.
• Entrance fees for sightseeing as indicated in the itinerary.
• Drinking water on tour.
• Accommodation in twin or double-sharing room.
• Meals: daily breakfast as indicated in the itinerary (B = Breakfast / L = Lunch / D = Dinner).
• Service charge & government tax.
• Travel insurance against any personal injury of illness and damage of the property incurred during the course of this trip.
• Personal expenses such as: drinks, phone calls, laundry, tip...etc.