8:00 am – 8:30 am: Pick up by our English speaking guide from your hotel lobby within Luang Prabang, Laos
- Arrive at the Elephant Village Camp: Welcome greeting by your guide and participate in a short briefing about elephants
- Bareback Elephant Ride: From the Elephant Camp, enjoy the impressive experience of a 1 km bareback elephant ride! (1 person per elephant)
- Trek to Ban Huay Fai: Enjoy a 4 km trek on foot through diverse jungle landscape. You will travel from our ‘old camp’ to the Khmu village of ban Huay Fai, where you may explore and discover how local Khmu people live. Your guide will help you understand the house styles, customs, different ethnic groups and much more.
- Viewpoint: Continue your trek another 1.5 km up the side of an incline where you will be greeted with a stunning view of the surrounding landscape. After which you will walk down through beautiful forest and see the different, natural fruits that grow there.
- Lunch: Dine in the forest surroundings with a picnic box lunch prepared just for you at our camp restaurant and served with drinking water (vegetarian options available). Lunch will be served next to a Hmong home and your guide will translate any questions you might have about their way of life.
- Trek to Ban Suan Dala: Enjoy another 3 km trek on foot surrounded by unique tropical vegetation and farmland. Your guide will explain about what villagers farm including rubber trees, papaya, pineapples, mangos and more.
- Arrive at Ban Suan Dala: Finishing up in the village of Suan Dala where you can explore and discover a mixture of cultures including Lao, Hmong and Khmu. You may see a diverse range of architecture and cultures as these 3 ethnic groups coexist next to the beautiful Nam khan River
- Boat trip back to camp: Traverse the Nam Khan River in a traditional Lao long boat from Ban Suan Dala back to our Elephant Camp. You just might see traditional fishing methods and other various ways with which the local villagers make use of and enjoy the river.
- Depart: Transfer back to your Hotel in Luang Prabang between 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm
Your Tour Includes:
- Hotel pickup and drop off in our air conditioned van
- English speaking guide
- Bareback elephant ride
- Local village visits
- Lao long boat ride
- Picnic box lunch
- Drinking water
- Jungle treks
* Our tours are great for people of all ages. Parents should use their own discretion for young children but our policy is as follows:
- Children between 0 and 4 years old: free of charge
- Children between 5 and 8 years old they share the same elephant with parents.
- Children 9 years old or older are charged full price and can ride the elephant alone.
- For safety reasons, children under 5 years old may not participate in the mahout training or elephant bathing. Children under 9 years old must be accompanied by an adult in order to participate in the mahout training or elephant bathing.