Around 8.30am we will pick you up from your hotel in Luang Prabang for this adventure activity day. After a short 30 min. ride out of town you will arrive at the banks of the Nam Khan river where your day of nature activities will start.
Fair Trek guide in Laos.
On your short 3-4 hr. Trek you will learn about the small Khamu community living in front of a huge mountain range. You walk along the soft swinging slopes and get an introduction in every day life of these people. Take your time to wander around in the village and meet the locals where you can stop and ask your questions.
Lunch will be served along the way preferably in the village with local food or a lunch box prepared for you.
Returning from your "Fair Trek" we will explore the Tad Sae waterfalls and the Nam Khan river valley. You may take some time to hang out and enjoy the scenery, the nature and the cascades around you. If time permits you can get an introduction into the Elephant Village work which hosts and protects former logging Elephants.
Your guide will give you a short briefing about the kayaking tour and will teach you how to paddle if it is your first time. A relaxing river journey follows and brings you back to Luang Prabang.
Several stops along the way can be done, to visit a village or the grave of the former French explorer Henry Mohout. Back in Luang Prabang a local Tuk-Tuk will bring you back to your hotel.
- Knowledgeable English speaking, local guide
- Lao Theung village encounter and trekking tour
- Food in local village or lunch box, drinking water
- Fair Trek village fund contributions
- Waterfall visits along the way - Tad Sae (waterfall is dried out between February - August)
- Opt. Elephant Village activities if time permits
- All entrance fees, local permission, taxes