In the Cooking Course, the student will be taught about how to cook an Indonesian cuisine while learning Indonesian vocabulary.
The teacher will use Indonesian words in some instructions or explanations which will help the students identify the meanings from actions done. Some English words may also be used to help simplify some situations.
Here's the program :
-First, the teacher gives a short introduction about the menu and food, and where does it come from.
-Secondly, the teacher and the student will cook together, while being taught about the way to cook with Indonesian vocabulary.
-Finally, both the student and the teacher will enjoy an Indonesian lunch in the garden.
Only one or two dishes can be taught per classes.
Here are a few options of what you'll find in the menu :
- Sate Ayam (Chicken Satay)
- Soto Ayam (Chicken Soto)
- Gado-Gado (Mixed vegetable with potatoes, eggs and peanut sauce dressing)
- Rendang (Simmered beef with coconut milk and spices)
- Tempe/Tahu Goreng, Ayam Goreng and Sayur (Fried Tempe/Tofu, Fried Chicken and Vegetable Soup)
- Nasi Goreng/Mie Goreng and Ayam Goreng/Tempe Goreng (Fried Rice/Fried Noodle and Fried Chicken/Fried Tempe)
- Ca Kangkung and Tempe Goreng/Ayam Goreng (Stir Fried Spinach and Fried Tempe/Fried Chicken)
* Transport to location is not included.