Javanese is the local language spoken in Yogyakarta, central Java and east Java. Speaking Javanese, you own a means of friendly communication with a wider range of local people, and you will get more understanding of Javanese culture. This course provides basics of Javanese for communication, both at the ordinary level (the ngoko language) and the higher level (the krama language).
If you are travelling for some time in Java, planning to live in Java, or just want to get a deeper insight on the culture, this 4 hours introduction will give you a great insight on Javanese everyday's conversations.
What will be covered during your Javanese Language beginner class :
- introduction of expressions
- pronunciation practice
- speaking practice with a teacher in basic conversation topics such as greetings and introduction, shopping, and getting the way
- listening to practice for conversation in a role play in which a number of your teachers will play some characters in different scenarios. For example, "in a market and shops" or "in a "warung" and restaurant"
However, if you already have some notions of Javanese, feel free to join in order to improve your conversation skills.
* Classes can be held on 2 different sessions of 2 hours
* The language course can also be joined by kids and senior citizens.