This is your chance to really get to know a part of Bali that's unfazed by time. Your Lombok horse riding adventure begins as you ride through the Sasak traditional villages. This place is completed with wood and bamboo, a stark contrast to modern day housing. And as if time stood still, you'll observe people go about their daily lives - kettle scattered around, men chatting in circles, kids playing around, and women preparing meals or weaving in front of their houses are common sights.
You'll be warmly welcomed into this village, as it's believed that the people respect horses and their riders. And if you're lucky, you may also enter a farmer's house. Along the way, you shall be riding past rice paddies (especially during rainy seasons), as they're bustling with farming activities.
From there you shall ride deep through deep forests and fields, and cross rivers. As your tour progresses, you shall be getting deeper and deeper between hills. Here is also where you shall get the opportunity to observe harvesting activities and forests that house rare species of tropical trees.
A few things to take note of:
1. Pick-up and drop-off can be arranged at your hotel in Kuta Lombok village area.
2. Wear long pants for the ride, but don't worry, "chaps" can be provided upon request.
3. Inexperienced horse riders will be assisted with someone holding your horse.
4. Experienced riders won't require any assistance, and will follow the horse guide instructions, and aren't allowed to trot or canter.
5. Should you wish to trot or canter, you may do so in appropriate areas with solid ground, and only after receiving instructions from you horse guide.
*Weight restrictions apply. Anyone more than 85kg aren't allowed to ride the horse.