Depart at 1AM from your location near Banyuwangi. From there you will be guided by Pepe and his team of experienced trekkers and friendly guides, some of the best guides in the area. The trek is about 4 hours long. Although it is one of the most accessible volcano trekking in the region, this four hours night trek requires healthy physical conditions. The highlights of this trek are the legendary blue flames that are only visible at night while some brave sulfur miners are working in there.
Enjoy a stunning panorama and the views of the majestic turquoise sulfur lake of Kawah Ijen, 2148 meters above sea level.
Ijen Crater Tour
- Pick up at your hotel at 01:00 for blue fire tour
- Arrival on Paltuding post at 02:00
- Preparation time – Breakfast, coffee/tea
- 03:00 start climb, long track 3 km
- Break time Post 1
- Break time Post 2
- 05.20 arrive at the top
- Photo time – Enjoy the panorama Ijen crater
- 08.30 a.m back down to Paltuding Post
- 09.30 a.m Paltuding canteen
- Break time
- 10.00 Back down To Banyuwangi/hotel
- Return transfer
- English speaking guide
- Mineral water
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses (souvenir, snacks/alcoholic or soft drinks)
Extra IDR 50.000/person for pickup & drop off service (one day before the activity) from Ketapang Harbor, Bus/Train Station, Ferry Port, or Banyuwangi City Center to your Hotel.
* Tour can also start the day before if you arrive from pick up service from Ketapang Harbor - pick up and hotel can be provided and included to the tour.