Enjoy a unique experience that introduces to guests a tradition hundreds of years old. It opens the doors to a glimpse into the beautiful simplicity and the exotic richness of Indonesian dining and cooking culture. The classes are held by Iboe Soelastri, Indonesian chef, who began her journey of cooking with her grandmother when she was just four years old.
Commencing in the morning, guests begin by choosing the dishes they most prefer from Iboe Soelastri’s large collection of Javanese and Balinese recipes. A visit to a Balinese traditional market follows where all the freshest ingredients of the archipelago of islands, once known as the Spice Islands, can be found amidst the daily bustle of modern day market life. While gathering the ingredients for the cooking class guests will be involved in and experience firsthand the Balinese way of daily living, the jovial and sometimes noisy bargaining style of the vendors and buyers...
Approximate duration 6,5 hours
07.00 Depart hotel
07.45 Arrive at market
09.45 Arrive at Cooking school
10.00 Start Class
13.30 Return to hotel
Please select 5 dishes from the selection for your Cooking Class program. If you have any favorite dishes that you would like to learn, please let us know and we will be happy to accommodate it.
Sample Traditional Javanese Menu
• Nasi Goreng Jawa/ Stir-fried rice in traditional Javanese spices
• Botok Daging/ Minced marinated beef, cooked in banana leaves
• Sambal Goreng Udang/ Marinated shrimps and potatoes in red pepper
• Lodeh Tewel Tahu Tempe/ Stew of young jackfruit, soybean cake and tofu in coconut milk
• Ayam Panggang Bumbu Terik/ Grilled chicken, marinated in coconut milk and various spices
Sample Traditional Balinese Menu
• Sambal Matah/ Balinese shallot & lemongrass dressing
• Pesan Bepasih/ Steamed Balinese fish in lemongrass, wrapped in banana leaves
• Sate Lilit/ Lemongrass skewers of minced fish in various spices
• Lawar Kacang/ Marinated long bean and chicken salads
• Jukut Ares/ Banana stem soup
• Ayam Pelalah/ The popular fare of Balinese shredded chicken
Complimentary pick up only, minimum 2 persons: Canggu, Seminyak and Jimbaran areas.
Based on 1 reviews